Save 12,500 gold for motorcycle
Guntitan is a hardcore Engineer. He can make the Iceblade Arrows and Jeeves. He just needs to make the motorcycle for himself. He also wants to finish his explorer achievement while riding the motorcycle with one of his buddies or guild mates. What’s the point of having a Engineering mount if you aren’t going to ride it? Saving about 5,000 G seems easier than saving 12,500 G and I needed to figure out a way to save that much freakin’ gold.
Gathering the non vendor mats should be easy. If you are a miner you can farm the Titanium Ore and Cobalt Ore with no problem. As a engineer use your Zapthrottle Mote Extractor to farm the gas clouds and kill the dudes in Wintergrasp. Get people from trade chat to help you make your 12 Titansteel Bars. Buy your 2 Arctic Furs from the AH.
You can purchase the vendor parts from Roxi Ramrocket. It will cost you 12,500 G.
Here are my new tips on saving gold:
- Find a rare and sell it. For example the Hyacinth Macaw or any of the Raptor pets. This works with the BoE epics you can find from the ICC Heroic 5 mans or from any of the 10/25 man raids. I found the Hyacinth Macaw and sold it on the AH for 6000 G. I should of tried for more but I wasn’t thinking. The AH also takes a cut so I recommend selling the rares in trade chat. From that transaction I lost about 600 G to the AH.
- Sell your best mats. Selling 1 Titansteel Bar a day amounts to about 130 G a day.
- Know how to save money on jewels or enchants for upgrades. Know where to get epic gems using badges instead of buying them off the AH for 200 G a piece. Get someone to disenchant stuff you find. Then use those mats to enchant your gear. Instead of buying Enchant Chest – Powerful Stats from the AH for 500 G ask someone to do it for you, using your mats. Don’t forget to tip them. You will save a lot of money and still be able to get the best enchants for your T9 set. Sell any extra mats on the AH.
- Run the Heroic daily. You get 2 Emblems of Frost and some decent amount of gold.
- Run the weekly raid. You get 5 Emblems of Frost, 5 Emblems of Triumph, and some decent amount of gold.
- Sell your best crafted items. Use the Emblems of Frost to get the Primordial Saronite you need for recipes you need to craft the next level of gear for your profession. If your guild is progressed enough you can just use the Primordial Saronite that drops from ICC instead. Craft that gear to make some money. For me it was the Plans: Iceblade Arrow. I sold 10 stacks of Iceblade Arrows a day and made about 110 G a day.
- Buy one vendor part at a time. This way you don’t spend your gold on something else. You could also create a bank alt and send the gold to them.
- What is your weekly income? Think about how much money you are making in a week instead of a day. I can make at least 500 G a day from selling stuff on the AH and running dailies. If I think of it as a weekly income that is 3,500 G in a week.
- Look at my old gold saving post I made for epic flying for more tips.
- Save more gold for other stuff. You can use these tips to save gold for the Battered Hilt or crafted level 251 gear upgrades or your Darkmoon Card: Greatness.
When you are done enjoy the engine roar of your new bike.
‘Til next time…